This 1991 Ferrari Testarossa for sale in Ohio represents the final year for the original, striking, wide-fendered design from the mid 1980s. This example is a European model that was originally delivered to Belgium and barring that the looks place this car two to three decades back, looks refreshingly modern in Grizio Metallic over red leather.
1991 Ferrari Testarossa Euro model. The Best rare color combo and the final year. This incredible car has just completed a thorough restoration to the highest standard. 38,000 miles fresh 30k engine out service. The body is straight as an arrow and the paint quality is superb. This Testarossa is straighter and has nicer paint quality than from the factory. Drivability is outstanding; everything works, as it should. The following is a partial list of new items that were installed. Never any damage or frame repair. Being a Euro VIN I could not enter into ebay correct VIN is ZFFAA17B000089266
1. Wheels were media blasted, powder coated twice and painted to original spec.
2. Every emblem on the car was replaced with new. (wheel center caps, pinan farina side emblems, Ferrari and Testarossa emblems, front badge, front and rear horses.)
3. All new rubber including door gaskets, window channels, hood and tailgate gaskets, window trim, and so on.
4. New front windscreen. In order to properly disassemble the car for paint the windshield was removed and replaced with new.
5. New front fog and turn light lenses (one fog lamp had a small crack prior to replacement)
6. Most interior carpet replaced with new, what wasn’t replaced I have new.
7. Left front underbody AC screen panel new.
8. Most fasteners replaced with new stainless or anodized with plastic locking nuts.
9. New Michelin Pilot Sport tires or tyres. The only matched set currently available from Longstones in the UK.
10. Fresh 30k engine out timing belt service 2012 preformed in FL by Black Horse. Fresh engine reseal.
11. New Brake rotors and pads, overhauled and refinished calipers
12. Recent clutch.
13. Fresh oil change Mobile 1 15/50
14. New plugs, fuel filters and air filter.
15. Rear diff and brake fluids just changed.
16. Car was disassembled, stripped and refinished to its current stellar condition.
This is a partial list, but safe to say if a part was available from Ferrari it was replaced. Painted with PPG in correct Grizio Metallic. Pristine show quality, mechanically fresh approximately 200 miles since restoration. The only non OEM items installed on the car are a stebro exhaust system with pre cats removed (I have them and they are included) Cats are installed. The Stebro exhaust and removal of pre cats allow the system to operate at a cooler temp, with less fatigue and free flow. The sound is awesome, definitely more DB’s than stock, but civilized. The engine sings with this setup although, if you prefer the pre cats can easily be reinstalled. This was the last year of the Testarossa and the first year for the TR. Far more invested than BIN
The car was ordered by a US buyer to Belgium, and was delivered to Texas in 1991 where it stayed until about 2003 when it moved to NJ and then Pompano, FL. I purchased the car in nice original condition in FL and moved it to Dublin, OH where we completed the restoration 5/2012 The car was ordered us spec, so MPH on Speedo, but odometer is in KM.
The asking price of $62,500 is leaning towards the higher end of what one could expect to pay for a Testarossa of this vintage and mileage. Anything under $50,000 should be approached with caution, and cars that close in on $70,000 should be the best of the best or a later 512TR or F512M. This car has had an impressive amount of repairs and maintenance items addressed, but it would be worth checking to see if this car could be registered in your state properly, given this isn't a US market car. Since it's been here in the states a while, I wouldn't suspect it would be too much of a problem.