If you keep up with our sister site, German Cars For Sale Blog, one thing is apparent. Porsche 911 prices, especially air-cooled models, aren’t exactly going down anytime soon. Have no fear, though, there are still some bargain exotics out there to be had. Chief among which is the Ferrari Mondial. Often derided by true Ferrari enthusiasts for being a half baked effort, it’s hard to argue with a sweet sounding V8 amidships, especially in Cabriolet format where you can hear the exhaust note loud and clear. This Mondial Cabriolet for sale in Utah is not your typical Rosso Corsa, but looks sleek in black and is sure to turn some heads.
Model: Mondial Cabriolet
Engine: 3.2 liter V8
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Mileage: 40,101 mi
Price: $24,500 Buy It Now
CLICK FOR DETAILS:1971 Fiat 850 Special
A rare triple black Ferrari Mondial 1988; the last year Mondial’s had flared fenders. Upon purchasing the car last year I decided to put a Daytona style interior all in black leather. The exterior is like new condition with blemishes shown in pictures. A very strong running car that is an absolute pleasure to drive. The top is in excellent condition with leather boot. I have the Mondial manual and a service manual that go with the car.
Upon completion of all that was added, it was entered in a local car show winning honorable mention and best interior. Below is a list of all that was added along with all the imperfections of this car. Buy with confidence as I have owned multiple exotic cars have 100% positive feedback and have been on ebay for 15 years.
Items that need attention:
· Interior dash clock does not turn on. It worked when I purchased it and recently turned off.
· The “shift” light will flicker intermittently after about 30 minutes of driving. This seems due to a short.
· Rear windows are slow in summer and in the extreme cold don’t roll down. Motor replacements are in order.
· Some windshield trim fading from wind (see pictures)
· Slight oil drip. About a tablespoon per month.
· Two tires & four wheel alignment, all tires have lots of wear, look new
· New alternator
· All new belts and rear seals replaced
· 2 hood, 1 bonnet and 1 trunk shocks replaced
· Left & right drive shafts removed & cleaned/greased, inner & outer CV
· Boots replaced
· One convertible latch & receiving unit replaced, extra convertible latch included in sale
· New battery
· Only synthetic oil used
· Fully Tuned in August 2013
· All wheels were sandblasted then powder coated and look brand new
· Center wheel hub badges and air stems are new
· Porcelain Ferrari emblems added with brass backing (not cheap vinyl)
· All new leather interior
· New carpets
· New floor mats with silver Ferrari prancing horse
· New Daytona Steering wheel with new center horn
· New Billet Aluminum Ferrari pedals
· New Billet Aluminum Satin Ferrari shift knob
· New Ferrari Billet Aluminum gas cap
· New Billet Aluminum Shift gate with “easy shift” pattern
· New Parrot sound system with Ferrari logo and new speakers. Bluetooth sync with any smart phone plus internet capable with maps and web search, hands free phone.
· Original Ferrari Tool Leather box (hard to find)
· Extra Dead pedal and original pedal covers as well as all original knobs, steering wheel and extra emblems
· Extra new oil filter
· Original set of keys with Solid Sterling Silver Ferrari Prancing Horse key chain
· Extra set of spare keys
· Ferrari Credit card plastic key to fit in wallet (not pictured)
· Custom made Enzo style key for I had made for this Mondial
· Car Craft car cover
Please email me or call with any questions. 801-362-7770
Car is also available for local sale. Please no trades deposit due within 5 business days. Balance due within 10 days. Verified Cashier’s check only. IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 5 ON YOU FEEDBACK PLEASE CONTACT ME PRIOR TO BIDDING. I WILL REJECT BIDDERS THAT DO NOT COMPLY. THANK YOU.
In 1989, the Mondial saw a refresh in the bodywork, with a larger 3.4 liter engine and transverse layout, improving handling. Those Mondials tend to fetch a bit higher value, leaving the earlier generations trailing a bit. This one is priced well to move very quickly, given the amount of work done to it. Sure, the maintenance may be higher than the famous sports car from Stuttgart, but Ferrari panache is hard to beat.