The Maserati Coupe GT and Spyder were the vehicles that reintroduced the Trident badge to the United States market after a little more than a decade long hiatus. Selected as Forbes best GT for 2001, this grand tourer packed a 4.2 liter Ferrari V8 and made good headway in eradicating memories of cantankerous Biturbos from the 1980s.
As with many exotic vehicles, plummeting resale values make these an attractive buy for enthusiasts with deep enough pockets to maintain them. Here's a low mileage, 6 speed manual example outside of New York City for a shade under $40,000.
2005 Maserati Coupe GT. Carbonio Black (Metallic), MSRP $99,277. Purchased new at Wynn Ferrari Maserati at the Wynn Hotel Las Vegas. I am the original owner, purchased after lease term. Showroom condition, always garaged in heated garage. Non-smoker, never in an accident (zero body or paint work). Full set and extra keys, plus valet key. All books and original Maserati accessories including window sticker.
- 4.2 LITER FERRARI BUILT DRY SUMP V-8 ENGINE 400 HP
- RARE AND DESIRABLE 6 SPEED MANUAL (FERRARI) TRANSAXLE
- OPTIONAL SKYHOOK (FERRARI) SUSPENSION
- OPTIONAL FULL JAEGER LeCOULTRE GUAGES BLUE AND WHITE
- OPTIONAL SPECIAL (FACE) MASERATI CLOCK
- MSP STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM
- ASR TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM
- OPTIONAL XENON HEADLIGHTS
- 18" LIGHT ALLOY 7 SPOKE FACTORY WHEELS w/MICHELIN TIRES
- OPTIONAL RED BRAKE CALIPERS
- CLEAR BRA PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED AT DEALER (NO STONE CHIPS)
- WINDOWS TINTED PROFESSIONALLY AT DEALER
- OPTIONAL FULL CARBON KIT (STEERING WHEEL, SHIFTER, INTERIOR, DOOR SILLS ETC)
- FULL SPORT SEATS
- BLACK SAPPHIRE METALLIC TRIM
- OPTIONAL BLACK FULL LEATHER WITH LEATHER HEADLINER AND WHITE STITCHING THROUGHOUT
- OPTIONAL SPORT MULTI-FUNCTION HEATED FRONT SEATS WITH DRIVER MEMORY
- OPTIONAL NAVIGATION SYSTEM
- OPTIONAL AM/FM RADIO WITH 6 CD CHANGER IN TRUNK
- AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL
- OPTIONAL MASERATI INFORMATION SYSTEM
- OPTIONAL CARBON UNDER-DOOR MOLDING
- OPTIONAL ALUMINUM RACING PEDALS
I am selling this car because I have received my new CLS63.
I really like this Coupe since it doesn't have the paddle shift Cambiocorsa transmission. I was speaking to a gentleman who owned a 6 speed manual Spyder and he had mentioned that the electronically controlled manual transmission had issues with burnt up clutches from maneuvers such as backing up a hill. Technology is great and all, but for me, I'll take my Italian exotics with three pedals, even if the automated transmission can shift faster than me.